Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Dedication, and first belly laugh

Ok, I'm really sorry that it's been SO long since I've posted. You can stop bugging me now. Since the adoption became final a lot has happened. That Saturday, we had a BBQ party to celebrate Miriam's very first annual Adoption Day. The next day in church we had her dedication service. Jason's parents were able to come for those two things, and while they were here something else happened... Grandpa coaxed out her very first belly laugh. It was so funny. She has been sleeping SO well! Usually 9 to 11 continuous hours every night. Praise Jesus! She's been talking up a storm, and learning new things every day. It's wonderful to be part of it, we're so grateful!

In the dedication video, I hope you can understand what our pastor says. Miriam was just staring and smiling at Jason the whole time and the pastor said, "look over here, it's better. She's looking at her dad like, you are the bomb!" It was really cute.





This is the laughing video. She was being kinda fussy, and Grandma asked if she was hungry or tired and I said, "No, she's faking." So Grandpa started calling her a faker in this high voice, and she started laughing so hard, then she'd whimper a little, then laugh, etc.







Doesn't she look so cute in her little dedication dress?



She's been into sucking on blankies lately. I had her covered up in the car and I thought she was sucking on her pacifier, but no, the magic is in the blankie.








This is Mary, at 95 she's the oldest member of our church.
So this is the youngest and the oldest.



She's getting pretty strong.


2 comments:

JPhotogray said...

Precious! I cannot believe how much she actually looks like you guys. She is getting big and quite a little talker too!

Misti said...

Hey, what a cutie!! I just wanted to say thanks for the gift certificates. That was super sweet of you to think of us. I'm so happy for you. She's getting big fast. Enjoy!!
Misti