Thursday, April 23, 2009

Happy Adoption Day, Miriam!

On April 22nd 2008 Miriam's adoption became official. So April 22nd is a day that we want to celebrate every year. Nothing big, we just want to remember how God blessed us over and over throughout the adoption process, and the crescendo of those blessings was on April 22nd, finalization day. We went to our local soda fountain and had ice cream and fries. For the fist time we ordered Miriam her very own dish of pink ice cream (which she ate 6 bites of). We invited a friend to come along just for fun, it was a good time. Happy Adoption Day, Miriam! Mommy and daddy love you so much!



It was finally warm enough to open the windows this week. We don't have screens so it's just wide open. Well, Miriam LOVED to be able to partially hang out the window and feel the breeze in her... um... hair, er... scalp. I left the room for a minute and came back and she was gone. I panicked and ran over to the window yelling her name... she was in her fort, laughing at me.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I can't believe it's been a year!! It is wonderful to watch her grow! What a beautiful little girl you have! I'm sure she is a light and a blessing to everyone she meets! I feel blessed to have held her and to know her. You are wonderful parents! I can't think of a better home for Miriam!! God bless you all ~ Love, The Stork