Jason, Mandy, Miriam (5 1/2 yrs), Eden (2 1/2 yrs), Titus (turned 1 in Sep), and new baby Bethel Grace (born Jan 10th, 2014)
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
I'M NOT READY!
As most of you probably know I (Mandy) have had a cold/cough for almost 2 months, then a couple weeks ago it turned into mild Pneumonia. So I've been trying to recover from that but it's taking a while. Then we had a little scare on Monday. I went in for my normal OB check up and told the doc that I was still feeling kinda sick and I had a pounding migraine for 5 days almost continuously. Also, Sunday and Monday I hadn't felt baby moving nearly as much as normal. I was also having a couple other strange new symptoms. She (the doc) checked me and she found that I was already dilated to 2 cms. So she decided to hook me up to a fetal monitor for a while to see what was going on in there. The fetal monitor showed that I was having contractions every 4 minutes! The doc kept saying "You don't feel that?!", I felt a little something if I really concentrated but hardly anything. They also did another ultrasound to literally just watch her to see if she was moving enough. Anyway, the Doc was concerned that my sickness and migraine might be causing early labor so she admitted me to the hospital. They hooked me to an IV and started me on fluids and pain meds for the headache. Then they gave me a shot of a drug that was supposed to stop the contractions. I was kinda freaking out. I wasn't ready for her to come just yet. The doc said that the baby would "probably" be fine if she was born that day but it was still exactly one month from my due date and it's always best to get as close to the due date (May 11th) as possible. So we sat and waited. I couldn't stop looking at the baby's heart rate on the little screen. I was trying to relax but... it's easier said than done. So the contractions slowed down by that evening and they let me go home. But now I have a new sense of urgency to get ready for her arrival. We hadn't even painted the nursery yet, let alone set it up and put things in it. But yesterday Jason reluctantly painted the room pink for me. Haha, he's a good Daddy. So I'm still having contractions but they are very faint. It will be interesting to see what God has up His sleeve for the next month for us. But we trust that He has ordained every day of Eden's life already. We can't wait to meet the person He has been knitting together for the last 8 months! P.S. So here's a picture of baby's face that we got in the ultrasound on Monday and a new belly picture too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love how God knows! He is "knitting" away, making Eden the person He has fashioned her to be! How great is our God?!
GM Teri Bade
Post a Comment